I’m continuing development of the Meekell STV. For users considering this STV as an alternative to the default interface, the key features are:
- Drastically changed interface, designed to give you just the info you need, nothing you don’t.
- EvilPenguin’s DVD burning with Menus
- Stanger89′s DVD Profiler Import
- Nielm’s Info-Popup for Caller-ID information
- Configurable Main Menu
- Launch external programs with mlbdude’s External Program List
- Malore’s Custom Guide Menus
- A great RSS NewsReader, w/ internal viewer, by Nielm
EvilPenguin’s DVD solution is extremely dynamic with motion menus and metadata. You must follow the instructions found here in order to get it working. Then turn on the menus in this STV by going to Settings->Advanced->External and Enable the Burning, then add the Programs Menu to your Main Menu.
Also, for those with HUGE DVD collections, you had to deal with .my files, or dynamically import the information. Stanger’s solution lets you import the metadata directly into the SageTV database. This will eventually allow for some very cool sorting options.
All users should download the entire STV package. Unzip it preserving folder structure to your ./%SageTV/% directory.
Click Here for screenshots of the STV.
Click Here for installation instructions.
A huge thank you goes out to everyone who has contributed to this project. I’ve created a credits page here.
- v6 Conflict Resolution (Disable “Conflict Pop-ups” to use)
- Delete Confirmation Popup works again
- Conflict Menu issues resolved
- Channel Change Request Resolved
- A bunch of other stuff I forgot to write down
- V6 Video Compression!
- EvilPenguin’s DVD Burning!
- External Drive Support (like standard STV).
- “Browse Media Files” option (like standard STV, go to a import menu, hit ‘options’ button).
- Added Settings Item to toggle ‘Delete’ in Video Library
- Added “Auto-skip commercials” toggle to “Enhancements” menu
- Un-Archive now available in recordings menu
- Incorperated Default STV End Of File Options
- Weird delete button size issue in Stanger’s Imports menu
- Channel Change deny prompt displays correctly
- Commercial Re-detect popup now readable
- Scroll Bar in main menu now works again.
- Tons of other fixes – I lost track, sorry.
- Various Theme Cleaning -* I’m SURE I broke some things doing this. Please let me know what looks weird. *
- mlbdude’s External Program List (“Advanced->Configure Menu”)
- Malore’s Custom Guide Menus! (add via Menu Customization)
- Nielm’s RSS NewsReader, w/ internal viewer! (add via Menu Customization)
- Enhanced Disk Space Widget (like v3 hidden feature) (“Advanced->STV Enhancements”)
-All Malore’s menus can be renamed via ‘options’ command while in menu
- 1st Run Marking in Guide (“Advanced->STV Enhancements”)
- Added “Programs” and “Shortcuts” main menus.
Shortcuts menu populates with Malore’s Menus automatically
See install instructions to get programs to show up
- Menu Configuration now reports correct menu being modified
- Fixed all Watch Conflict popups (I think)
- Added FSE Toggle to Settings Menu
- Included Stanger’s fix for Data Import. (fixes production year, and directors)
- Configurable Main Menu Items (“Advanced->Configure Menu”)
- Main Menu Animates (turn off in “Advanced->STV Enhancements”, won’t be activated if “MVP Enhance” is Enabled)
- 5-Item Menu bug squashed
- Channel Icons and Status Icons in media player display correctly
- Intelligent Indicator appears properly in Recordings Menu
- Added Nielm’s Info Popup
- Added setup for Data Import (Adcanced->External->Choose Collection.xml file)
- Removed “Smart Folders” legend button to remove confusion. (it never did anything…)
- Added icons to recording menu, option in “settings->advanced->enhancements->icons” – requested by multiple users (Thanks for the icons Iain!)
- Manual/Favorite/Don’t Like indication in media player
- All menus should show current menu title in title bar
- System asks if you want to import metadata for newly imported files automatically (uses DVD Profiler data import)
- Programs to Record – keyboard now has highlights for focus
- Library Import – deleting directory now readable
- Now warns before changing channel while watching live tv
- Now catches channel change requests before canceling favorites recordings
- Setup menu now shows if options exist out of view
- Favorite Options now are fully functional and readable
- Data Import now asks for .xml file if none set
- A couple of other things I forgot about…
- KJake’s DVD Burning!
- Stanger89′s DVD Profiler Import!
- Added: Auto-XML Export – toggle setting in setup menu->Advanced->External->auto-xml export enable/disabled (Just like Cayars v18)
- Added: ‘Record’ to show details for airings in the future.
This actually makes ‘additional airings’ useful!
- Added: New ‘advanced’ setup menu – Work In Progress
- Added: Utilities Menu on Main menu
- Lots of new options in the ‘Advanced’ Settings Menu!
- Plus countless other UI enhancements